Dr. Ashraf Al Haj is an ENT Specialist with over 10 years of medical experience in the field. After his Doctor of Medicine (MD) from Al Baath University, Homs, Syria in 2009, he started his career as a Resident ENT in Ministry of Health at Damascus Hospital, Syria.
Dr. Ashraf has worked at several prominent hospitals in his home country in 2016. He worked in a large group of private and government hospitals in the UAE as an ENT Specialist. He was also an ENT Lecturer in Medical and Health Science University – Ras Al Khaimah.
Dr. Ashraf is a member of the Syrian Board in Otorhinolaryngology from 2015 and has the membership from the Arab Board in Otorhinolaryngology from 2018.
Dr. Ashraf performs the following procedures: endoscopic procedures of the nose and paranasal sinuses for the treatment of chronic sinusitis and sino-nasal polyposis, surgery of the nasal septum and nasal concha surgery, myringotomy and insertion of tympanostomy tube for the treatment of fluid behind the ear drum.
Dr. Ashraf’s areas of interest include:
- Endoscopic diagnostic procedures in ear, nose and throat
- Adenoidectomy and tonsillectomy in children and adults
- Functional endoscopic sinus surgery
- Ear microscopy, endoscopy and related procedure like myringotomy, tympanoplasty and mastoidectomy
- Nasal endoscopy, septoplasty
- Ear, nose, throat foreign bodies removal
- Swallowing and speech disorders
- Pure tone audiometry, impedance audiometry
- ENT emergencies such as epistaxis, foreign body in ear, nose, throat
- Diagnosis and treatment of neck disease