Dr. Hanaa Abulreesh received her MBBCh from the Faculty of Medicine, Cairo University, Egypt in 1983. She completed her Master’s Degree in Obstetrics and Gynecology at the University of Khartoum, Sudan in 1992. In 1995, she became a member of the Royal College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists – UK. In 2008, she became a fellow of the Royal College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists – UK.
In 2012, Dr. Hanaa received her Diploma of Advanced Ultrasound in Obstetrics and Gynecology from Ian Donald Inter-University School of Medical Ultrasound. On the same year, she completed her Master’s Degree of Ultrasound in Obstetrics and Gynecology at Dubrovnik International University, Croatia. A year later, she obtained her International Inter-University Diploma on Operative Endoscopy in Gynecology from Clermont-Ferrand, France.
Dr. Hanaa is an International Board Certified Lactation Consultant and holds a certificate of training on laser applications in gynecology from Slovenia and Abu Dhabi.
Dr. Hanaa started her medical practice in Khartoum Hospitals, Sudan, then moved to York District Hospital, UK. In 1990, Dr. Hanaa joined a large government hospital in Abu Dhabi which specializes in mother and child care, where she started as a Resident Medical Officer until she became a Consultant. She has also worked in big private medical facilities in the UAE.
Her areas of expertise include:
- Consultation, counseling and follow-up of low-risk and high-risk pregnancy
- Infertility investigations and treatment
- Management of puberty and menopausal symptoms
- Counseling for contraception, IUCD insertion and removal
- Management of female genital infection and STDs
- Examination and management of breast disorders
- Management of female urinary incontinence and genital prolapse
- Medical, surgical and hysteroscopy treatment of menstrual disorders
- Laser for vaginal rejuvenation treatment of urinary incontinence
- Excision of cervical polyps
- Colposcopy & cervical biopsies
- Cryocautery for cervix and genital warts
- Endometrial Biopsy
- Pap smear & HPV testing
- Ultrasound and MRI examination for ovarian, uterus and breast masses