Dr. Harbi Darwish is a Specialist Thoracic Surgeon with over 30 years of experience.
Before joining Bareen International Hospital he was working in Mafraq Hospital Abu Dhabi Government Hospital since 1984. He worked in cardio thoracic surgery for five years and in Thoraco-Vascular department for ten years. He worked as acting head in Thoracic Surgery department since 1997 to 2015 with consultant privileges. He was covering Thoracic Surgery cases for Mafraq Hospital, SKMC, Rahba Hospital, West Area and private referrals. Extra to that, he was covering General Surgery emergencies until 2005.
Dr. Harbi completed his MBBS from Faculty of Medicine – Cairo University Al Kasr El Aini and he did his master degree in surgery in the same university. After that he worked in Saudi Arabia in General Surgery department for six years before he joined Mafraq Hospital.
Dr. Harbi has long experience in management of chest trauma include blunt trauma chest, pneumothorax, hamothorax, fracture ribs, fracture sternum, lung contusion & thoracotomy for penetrating chest injuries.
Dr. Harbi area of interest in doing endoscopic & open thoracic surgery for lung & pleural diseases, including video bronchoscopy biopsy, rigid bronchoscopy, mediastinoscopy biopsy, thoracoscopy for pleural effusion, empyema decortication, pleural diseases biopsy, video assisting thoracoscopy surgery ( VATs ) for lung biopsy, wedge resection of lung nodules, bullectomy (resection of lung bullae) & indicated thoracotomy.
- MD Surgery Registration – 1987
- MS Surgery, Cairo University – 1982
- MBBCh (Medicine Surgery), Cairo University – 1972
Special Expertise and Services
- Emergency Thoracic Injury Cases
- All types of Bronchoscopy
- Mediastinoscopy for diagnostic procedures of mediastinal lymphadenopathy or other undiagnosed mediastinal pathology
- Open Lung Biopsies
- Urgent and Elective Thoracotomy
- Thoracoscopic Surgery (Video Assisting Thoracoscopy) – VAT
- Intercostal Drain for Pneumothorax, Haemothorax, Pleural Effusion, Empyema and Chylothorax