Dr. Rami Labib Kamel has over 25 years of experience in Urology.
Dr. Rami completed his MBBCH at Ain Shams University, Egypt in 1994. He finished his Master of Urology at Kasr El Ainy, Cairo University, Egypt in 2003. He got the Fellowship of the Egyptian Board of Urology, Egypt in 2008 and the Fellowship of the European Board of Urology, Netherlands in 2009. In 2018, he received his Diplome of Laparoscopic Surgery from Strasbourg University, France.
Dr. Rami worked in reputable government and teaching hospitals in his home country. In 2011, he moved to the UAE and continued his medical practice as a Specialist in Urologic Surgery in a tertiary hospital in Fujairah. In 2014, he moved to Abu Dhabi and joined a large private hospital where he was posted as the Head of Urology Department.
He is a member of the European Association of Urology, Societe Internationale d’Urologie, Emirates Urologic Societies, Egyptian Urologic Association, European Society for Sexual Medicine, International Society for Sexual Medicine, and Middle East Society for Sexual Medicine.
His areas of expertise include :
- Endo-urology and laparoscopic urology
- Minimal invasive and laser surgeries
- Prevention and management of urinary stones by minimally invasive endoscopic procedures (PCNL, semi rigid URS, flexible RIRS and ESWL)
- Diagnosis and management of prostatic diseases by TRUS biopsies, TUIP, TURP, TURIS, laser vaporization
- Advanced laparoscopic surgeries: varicocele, pyeloplasty, renal tumor nephrectomy (partial/total)
- Reconstructive surgeries: hypospadias repair, stricture urethroplasty (with buccal mucosa), pelvi-ureteric junction obstruction
- Diagnosis and management of uro-oncology (kidney, bladder, prostate)
- Management of pediatric urologic diseases (circumcision, hypospadias, undescended testis, hydrocele, nocturnal enuresis)
- Diagnosis and management of male infertility and varicocele, testicular biopsies
- Diagnosis and management of erectile dysfunction with special interest in penile prosthesis and Peyronie's disease
- Urodynamic study and management of urinary incontinence
- Diagnosis and management of female urinary disorders
- Prevention and management of urinary tract infection